Friday, September 20, 2013

A Dudely Attempt at Poetry?

Not sure what one does with a poem they've written...I decided just to post mine here.


The Wave

I the wave, now but a swell,
creeping toward the shore.
Surely I will change the earth,
like nothing has before.

I the wave, gaining speed,
summon greater might;
I will be remembered for
transformation I incite.

I the wave, with snarling lip,
arrive with massive blow;
strong and hard, exert my weight
my effort here must show.

I the wave, a meager flow
retreat meekly from the land,
for t'was my purpose as a wave
to be broken by the sand.

And I, a wave no more
will never be recalled;
I played my role, I did my part,
I've given it my all.

So to sea from which I've come,
I tip my frothy cap.
For one of me is not that much
But millions change a map.


Dude out,

-C.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment