Thursday, July 12, 2012

Challenge #8: No Small Talk Aloud...hehe.

Challenge #8 was to have a meaningful conversation with another dude. I actually accomplished this challenge twice.  I met with the ever interesting Ethan Worthington (on staff at Eastern Hills Bible Church).  We talked about things like God's grace, a missional philosophy, and how to perceive/interact with others in meaningful ways.  I am a very inquisitive individual and I thoroughly enjoy listening to intelligent people discuss things that matter.  Even if I don't agree with their ideas (not an issue with this particular conversation) I believe there is inherent value in discussing something other than sports stats, girls, and (cringe) politics.  Both conversations with Ethan left me reflecting on my approach to life, faith, and those around me.  Perhaps this challenge was more rewarding because I followed the two best rules for a great conversation: Find someone smarter than you, then ask questions.
Challenge #9: Spend time alone.
Dude out,
-C.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment