Sunday, February 19, 2012

Challenge #7: Identify My Biggest Weakness(es)

There are very few people on this earth who have any idea who I am. This is not because I am anti-social or don't have any friends, but rather, because I am an excellent faker. Over the past 25 years, I have basically perfected the art of "having my act together" (this is distinctly different than having my life in order). This made figuring out my weaknesses particularly difficult because is nearly impossible to discover one's weaknesses by oneself. After doing some research on my personality type, and having conversations with the few people who know me best, I was able to narrow my list of weaknesses down to 5.
5. Organization - I generally avoid structure and labeling, resulting in reduced productivity.
4. Follow Though - I much prefer starting an endeavor than finishing. I have plenty of unfinished plans and projects that I will never finish.
3. Planning - I prefer to live in the moment and keep my options open, resulting in a lifestyle that can often be frustrating for others trying to rely on me.
2. Focus - New ideas excite me to the point of being easily distracted away from my current task.
1. Pride - I care too much about what others think of me and often avoid sharing my thoughts, opinions, and ideas.
Talking about failures and weakness is not an enjoyable exercise. Holding up mirror to ones character and being honest about ones shortcomings however, is a valuable tool for developing oneself as a person.
Challenge 8: Have a meaningful conversation with another dude.
Dude out,
-C.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment