Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Challenge 6: Dieting. No. It isn't manly.

This week's challenge was just weird. I wanted to try some sort of strange diet/cleansing technique. I chose the General Motors Diet (aka The Cabbage Soup Diet) and in retrospect, I probably should have invested more time in researching diets. This was by far the strangest eating program I have ever attempted. My week went as follows:
Day 1: Any fruit you care to consume (except bananas). As I rarely buy much fruit, I hit this day hard. My consumption included: a pint of strawberries, 3 apples, 2 oranges, a pint of blueberries, and an entire cantaloupe.
Day 2: Any vegetable you care to consume, with 1 baked potato for breakfast. I had a lot of salad, 1/2 a bag of baby carrots, and even consumed a bell pepper like an apple.
Day 3: All fruits and veggies. No potatoes. I basically gorged on carrots, broccoli, and odd veggie soup.
Day 4: 8 Bananas, 3 large glasses of skim milk. As a huge dairy addict, this day was great! I also housed all 8 bananas.
Day 5: 10 oz. beef, 6 tomatoes. I like tomatoes. But scarfing down tomatoes by themselves is not a palate appeasing activity. Alternating between small bites of beef and big bites of tomato helped.
Day 6: Beef and vegetables. I pounded burger like it was some sort of cheap, fake, hormone enhanced substance. (oh....wait...).
Day 7: Brown rice and fruit juice. I was ready for real food, but I had to stick it out for one more day. Also, brown rice has the texture of those little rubber nuggets used to cushion turf athletic surfaces.
In the end, I lost around 7 pounds, but I'm almost certain it was entirely water weight. I think I would rather just eat normal portions of good healthy food. On the positive side, I think I know how Barbie feels when she goes on her pre-packaging weight loss program at Mattel. So while I successfully completed the challenge, I need to consider conducting more research before implementing my future endeavors.

Challenge 7: Identify my biggest weakness/failure.
Dude out,
-C.R.
Comment or post thoughts/suggestions here or to my Facebook! See something dudely? Notify Dude Central via Twitter @thedudelife.

No comments:

Post a Comment